Food for health & healing or is food a weapon of slow mass destruction? Lecture organized by the Commission on Environment & Medical Ethics.
Lecture Delivered by Mr Ranjit Seneviratne.
Main cause of poor health – not eating according to the Bible – The Genesis Diet
We need food but we eat according to TASTE. We do not eat foods according to the Bible, that keep us healthy and disease-free. This is because we eat imported food – Bread, wheat flour products and sugar, which probably started because we ate seeni bola and seeni bunis. We also eat rice to fill our stomachs but our bodies are starving for vitamins and minerals and signals this by making us hungry – like Dola duka a pregnant woman experiences for special foods that her body needs.
Also just think about these facts:
- What did humans eat before the discovery of fire?
Green leaves, small fruits, nuts and roots and may be bird eggs and fish – like the Genesis Diet. So as designed by God, there were no rich or poor as everyone had equal access to food. But after the discovery of fire, humans grew Rice Wheat, Oats etc., easy-to-grow grasses and more importantly, could be stored and sold at a higher price. So Merchants became rich and when the Kings and Rulers saw this, they started Taxation. That was the beginning of social inequality. Amount of money is fixed, like water in a tank – people have less if some take too much.
- All animals when fully grown do not change shape until they die. But we do – why?
- We have a heart, lungs, eyes, ears, limbs like all the other animals.
But all animals eat only natural foods and they do not fall sick eating food that is on the ground We are the only animal that eats cooked food – and cooked food is dead food. Heat destroys life – the vitamins and enzymes our bodies need are destroyed.
So the SECRET to be disease free and healthy? The Bible’s Genesis Diet - Genesis 1.v29 (KJV Bible) . Jesus confirms this in Matt.6.v26. Science calls it “Paleo Diet”. (Paleolithic age before discovery of fire) I am a “Fat Burner” . My energy is from fats (nuts, oils in veggies, milk etc.
- Stop eating Bread and anything made of imported Wheat flour, because it is made white using bleach and there are no “Gullas” (insects) because they use poisonous insecticides.
- Eat Kurakkan Roti, rice flour hoppers, string hoppers. (Organic flour to avoid harmful chemicals)
- Stop eating white sugar, which is a pure chemical. It is NOT a food, because all natural food even water is a mixture. Refined White Sugar causes diabetes, heart problems, cancer
- Replace sugar with jaggery and treacle – Kitul, Coconut, Palmyrah and Uk Hakuru.
- Avoid eating normal rice (because hybrid high yield rice – has very little vitamins, mostly (70%-80%) carbohydrates that become sugars which digest quickly causing hunger – so we eat more.
- Replace with ancient Sri Lankan rice – Heenati, Suwandel, Pacchaperumal etc. which are full of vitamins and therefore “heavy” – so we eat less because it takes long to digest.
These changes are expensive but local foods that replace them makes it very much cheaper.
- Avoid buying expensive normal vegetables like bandakka, batu, carrots, cabbages, beans, etc. because modern varieties made for chemical agriculture have very little food value.
- Avoid soft drinks (full of sugar and chemicals). Drink green tea with Ginger - healthier & cheaper.
- Avoid imported fruit – they are full of chemicals to keep them from spoiling.
- Eat RAW leaves in mallums, salads and “Green Smoothies” (green leaves and fruits blended into a drink – almost like intravenous feeding because it is absorbed so fast).. These local leaves have not been altered, so they are still full of vitamins and minerals like Gotu Kola, Kankun, Mukunuwenna, Kuringnang, Cheena batu, Holy Basil (Maduruthala – which protects from Dengue and influenza) Thebu & Kovakka (heals Diabetes) and weeds like Ambul Ambili, Monara Kudumbi, Kuppamania, Gendha (Portulaca – high in Vit E), Pani thora, Bing Kohomba etc. which if planted, is cost-free.
- Leaves from trees – Murunga (full of vitamins), Ambarella, Sour Sop (Katu Aattha), Curry Leaf which are cut and kept short for leaves, Coppa kola, Lettakoccha, Aloe vera (full of vitamins), ,
- Have “Kiri Hoddha” soup every day. Turmeric is a superfood which protects and heals. Use equal amount of black pepper to increase absorption of Tumeric. Use also onions, and garlic.
- Eat local fruits Guava, Papaya (not the seedless variety that birds do not eat), Sour Sop, Lovi lovi, Uguressa, Cherry, etc. because dark coloured berries such as purple Dhang, and Damson, red cherries, coffee berry (the red outer covering), have important anti-cancer properties.
It is even cheaper if you plant these green leaf plants anywhere, even in pots. Plant small trees that fruit all the year round and can be eaten raw in salads or cooked – Kamaranga, Dwarf Ambarella, Biling, Nelli-biling, Nam nam, Narang (fine cut narang peel may remove chemical toxins).
Growing your own food is like printing your own money
Foods that heal disease
Avoid totally all Wheat flour foods and sugar (only use uk hakuru sparingly) Avoid eating rice if possible - only eat ancient Lanka rice - Heenati, Pacchaperumal, Suwandel
Healing vegetables - eat Kovakka, Thebu mallum and Bitter Gourd alternately
Fruits – eat berries and small fruits, Small quantities of sweet fruit, Banana, Papaya Pineapple, Mango
Note: Uk hakuru is good for diabetes because it has the mineral “Chromium”
Boil water with a piece of Cinnamon and when cool remove cinnamon and drink throughout the day. Eat 5 bics raw Garlic every day – opens narrow capillaries to prevent blindness and toe amputations
Do exercises that make you pant – climbing stairs, climbing/running up hill to burn excess sugars
Cancer cells need sugars to grow and spread. Therefore: Absolutely no Wheat flour foods and no sugar (only use Bee honey and uk hakuru very, very sparingly)
Avoid eating rice. It it is better to eat Thana Hal, Mung ata, cow pea etc. If you have to eat rice - only eat Ancient Sri Lankan varieties.- Heenati, Pacchaperumal, Suwandel etc..
Cancer cells grow well in an acidic environment and sugars from sugar rice and bread cause acidity. Eating Raw vegetables cause an alkaline anti-cancer environment. So eat raw, green veggies every day. Boil water with a piece of Lemon Grass (Sera) and when cool, remove it and drink throughout the day. Sera, Lemon fruits, limes Narang make Cancer cells kill themselves Sour sop (Katu Aattha) fruit and leaves also kills cancer cells. The inside “heart” of Cabbage, Red cabbage, Chinese cabbage Broccoli (especially Broccoli sprouts) contains “Sulphoraphane) which kill cancer cells. Oxygen kills cancer cells. Therefore to increase oxygen in the blood it is good to do deep breathing exercises and exercises and activities that make you pant heavily.
Blood Pressure problems
Sugar causes inflammation of the blood vessels – they become red like they have been sandpapered. Sugars from foods like wheat and rice add to the problem. The liver produces Cholesterol to repair the inflammation and if you continue eating sugars, then gradually the vessels can become blocked causing heart attacks and strokes. It is made worse by oxidized Cholesterol from coconut oil that is used more than once and vegetable oils like palm oil, peanut oil.
Absolutely no Wheat flour foods and no sugar (only use coconut, Kitul and uk hakuru sparingly). Avoid eating rice if possible - only eat Ancient Sri Lankan varieties.- Heenati, Pacchaperumal, Suwandel. Too much of the wrong type of salt also causes Blood Pressure problems. Avoid Table Salt because many of the other minerals in sea salt have been removed leaving only the salty part of salt – Sodium Chloride plus chemicals to keep it dry. Always use raw sea salt/ Himalayan Rock salt. Avoid also all processed food that come in sealed tins and plastic containers, packets and bottles because they contain refined table salt, harmful chemical flavours and preservatives and chemical colours and dyes. If there is too much Sodium, it will be necessary to increase Potassium to balance these minerals. Potassium is found in many fruits like Bananas, Avocados, and in many raw, green leaves.
Eat plenty of raw green leaves because they make your body alkaline and neutralize harmful acids. Especially leaves of Bing Kohomba every 3 days (reported to be good for blood pressure problems). Nelli (Indian Gooseberry) is also said to be good for heart problems. Drink Beetroot juice as often as possible – it is well known to help blood circulation and eat 5 bics of Garlic every day as it helps to open up capillaries which will help lower blood pressure.
Gastritis and Stomach problems
are mainly caused by foods made from Wheat flour such as – bread, because Wheat flour has a substance called “Gluten” (which makes bread to rise). Gluten is very difficult to digest and causes stomach problems from constipation to serious illnesses such as IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) and Celiac Disease (Leaky gut syndrome) and even cancer.
Rice and sugar cause acidity and therefore eat raw green vegetables and raw curd every day because they cause an alkaline environment. Ginger is very good for stomach problems. Therefore drink Ginger tea (if necessary with Jaggery) two or three times a day.
usually caused by too much body weight, jogging on hard surfaces which results in worn cartilage. Supplements of Glucosamine, Chondroitin & MSM help, but eating raw egg and the film under the eggshell (has proteins similar to cartilage) broken into pieces and put into food helps rebuild worn cartilage. For Arthritic pain, Cod liver Oil, and herbs Ginger and Indian Frankincense are helpful.