- Date of Dedication
- 1863 - 08 - 11
- Galle Archdeaconry
- Revd. Samasantha Costa
Christ Church, Horetuduwa was built by Fransico De Mel at his expense on land owned by him. The church was dedicated on 11 August 1863 by the Bishop of Colombo, the Rt. Rev. Piers Claughton. Subsequently the church with the property was bequeathed to the Bishop of Colombo.
The Rev. A.W. De Met exercised a fruitful ministry at Horetuduwa for about a period of about 40 years till his death in 1935. Besides the evangelistic work in which he was engaged in, he ran a school for adult education.
The Rev. A.W. De Mel served the parish in an honorary capacity while residing in his ancestral home at Horetuduwa.
At different times the affairs of this parish has come under the purview of the vicars of Koralawella, Moratuwa, Panadura and Egoda Uyana.
- Postal Address
- Christ Church, Old Galle Road, Horethuduwa
- 075-4376003 (Rev. Anthony Fernando)