- Date of Consecration
- 1883 - 11 - 01
- Galle Archdeaconry
- Rev. Samashantha Costa
St. Peter’s Chuch, Koralawella was consecrated and dedicated on 1 November 1883 by Rt. Rev. Reginald Stephen Copleston, 4 Bishop of Colombo.
The first incumbent of our church was Rev. Ernest Arthur Copleston and the curate was the Rev. Cornelius De Mel. The Archdeacon Rev. Matthew De Winton, Rev. Cornelius Senanayake, F.D. Edirisinghe, M. Wickremanayake and many others were present on this grand occasion. This was the 9 christian church and the 4 Anglican Church in Korawella.
In 1883 the Board of Wardens consisted of Mr. V. Francisco De Mel (deed warden) Mr. Andris Fernando(Bishops warden), Mr. V. Abraham De Mel and Mr. Daniel Peiris(People’s wardens).
In 1920 St. Peters Church became the mother church of the newly instituted southern Moratuwa church administration of Egoda Uyana, St. James Church under St. Peter’s Koralawella.
- Postal Address
- St. Peter’s Church Koralawella, Moratuwa