- Date of Consecration
- 1941 - 08 - 21
- Galle Archdeaconry
- Rev. John Marshall
Dedicated on 8.1.1941 by Bishop of Colombo Rt. Rev. Cecil Douglas Horsley
St. Mark’s Church was built with the help of the late Mr. and Mrs. George N. David, the late Mrs. J.G.C. Mendis and other parishioners of Moratuwa. Although situated in Moratuwa this church was part of the Colombo South Tamil Pastorate.
St. Mark’s came under the incumbency of Moratuwa Holy Emmanuel Parish in 1964. The congregation dwindled after the racial violence of July 1983. Thereafter, the church was used for religious activities by various Christian organizations. (Source: St. Marks’ Church, Idama, Moratuwa-50 Anniversary, The Report of the Standing Committee, 1990-1991, pages 15 and 16)
- Postal Address
- St.Marks Church, Idama, Moratuwa., Sri Lanka.